Greetings, WUSD Elementary Families -
With Summer School officially complete, it is time to think ahead to the 2021-2022 school year! We are so proud of our whole community for coming together and persevering through a year like no other this past school year. We look forward to launching the new school year together and have a few updates for our WUSD elementary families.
WUSD Elementary Principals
Mr. Brad Clark – Webster Elementary School
Mr. Mark Getz – Lincoln STEM and LEAP (Lebanon) Elementary Schools
Mrs. Emily Lessner – Douglas Elementary School
Mrs. Kayla Wendt – Schurz Elementary School
Ready, Set, Go! Conferences
Who: WUSD Elementary Students & Parents/Guardians
When: September 1st-3rd (Sign-up begins Monday, August 16th on Skyward)
Due to the successful implementation of Ready, Set, Go! Conferences this past fall, we will again be launching the school year in this way. Starting on August 16th, 4K-5th Grade parents/guardians attending our WUSD elementary schools will be able to sign up in Skyward for one-on-one conferences with our WUSD elementary classroom teachers. During your child’s 45-minute conference time, parents/guardians and student will be able to meet your child’s teacher, learn classroom routines and expectations, bring in school supplies, discuss individual strengths and areas for growth, connect with parent communication tools, take school tours, and more! Daytime and evening timeslots will be available, and parents/guardians are welcome to schedule conferences for multiple children at the same time if they would prefer. Ready, Set, Go! Conferences will be held from September, 1st-3rd, with all students then reporting to school for their first day of classes on Tuesday, September 7th!Please note:
- Traditional “open house” will not be held due to one-on-one Ready, Set, Go! Conferences. We look forward to seeing all of our families at Ready, Set, Go! Conferences to kick off the school year. - Due to the conferences being held during daytime and evening hours, students will not attend school (with the exception of their conference) on September 1st-3rd. All 4K-5th Grade WUSD students attending at our elementary schools will report to school for their first day of class on Tuesday, September 7th!
School Start and End Times (2021-2022)
Kindergarten-5th Grade Students:
7:55 AM-3:00 PM, Wednesday Early Dismissal – 2:00- PM*Students may arrive at school starting at 7:45 AM, and enter the building for breakfast in their classroom. Breakfast will be served in elementary classrooms from 7:45-7:55 AM.
REMINDER – If your child is attending one of our ½ day sections of 4K and you are in need of “wrap-around care”, please be sure to contact your 4K site. For students attending the Douglas AM sections – please contact Tom Sieger at the YMCA (262-468-0490, firstname.lastname@example.org) to register for the 4K wrap-around care held at Douglas Elementary School following the morning section. In order to ensure childcare is available, please register for wrap-around care by the beginning of August.
Important Dates to Remember...Open NOW! – Bus Registration
- Parents/Guardians looking to have their children ride the bus during the 2021-2022 school year must complete the bus registration form by August 13th (This is the deadline if you are planning for your child to ride on the first day of school.)
- Don’t forget, one form must be completed for each child. For your child’s ID number, please check Skyward Family Access.
- If you have any questions, please call Cheryl Hollatz at 920-262-1460 X 3217 or email email@example.com.
- Link to Bus Form:
Monday, July 26th – WUSD Online Registration Opens!
- Don’t forget to register your children for school in Skyward starting on Monday, July 26th. For planning purposes, we really appreciate registration taking place as soon as possible once registration opens. - Log in to Skyward Family Access to complete registration – for assistance, contact your school office.
Monday, August 16th – Ready, Set, Go! Conference Sign-Up Opens in Skyward (4K-5th Grade)Wednesday, September 1st-Friday, September 3rd – Ready, Set, Go! Conferences
- One-on-One Conferences for each child 4K-5th Grade
- Daytime and evening time slots available (1 – 45-minute conference per student)
- Sign-up begins on Monday, August 16th in Skyward Family Access