The Watertown Unified School District is committed to making our schools a safe, learning environment. It is the policy of the Watertown Unified School District to provide a working and learning environment free from all forms of harassment including incidents of sexual harassment, intimidation, or bullying.
Bullying is a conscious, willful, and deliberately hostile activity intended to harm, induce fear through the threat of further aggression, and create terror.
~Coloroso, Barbara (2003)
The Bully, the Bullied, and the Bystander. Harper Collins.
Examples of bullying and disrespectful behavior include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Hurting someone physically or threatening to hurt someone
• Ganging up on someone
• Teasing in a hurtful way or using put-downs
• Insulting someone’s race, gender, appearance, socioeconomic status, religion or sexual orientation
• Starting or spreading rumors
• Purposely excluding someone in a mean way
• Stealing or defacing someone’s personal property
• Getting another person to assault someone
• Threatening someone via written means including electronic communication.
• Using digital technologies (cyber-bullying) to generate or repeat hostile or damaging content intended to harm others including but not limited to: e-mail, cell phones, text messages, instant messages, chat rooms, and social media (i.e. My Space, Twitter or Facebook). Cyber-bullying is prohibited and treated the same as all other types of bullying.
If you need to report a bullying incident for WHS or RMS, please click the following link: