-We believe that every child in Watertown has a right to high-quality developmentally appropriate preschool education.
-We believe that the important components of this program should include:
- Play-based curriculum
- Voluntary participation by families and providers
- Family support and local resources
- Sensitivity to bilingual children and families
- Services provided in a community setting
- Recognition of the diverse populations within Watertown
- Support for networking between parents, school, and community programs
-We believe that community collaboration will provide children and their families an array of learning opportunities that gives children a jump-start in school and life.